I can't believe it has already been 6 months since Eleenah was placed in our arms. Time flies by so quickly, yet it also seems like we never lived without her. She has fit into our family better than I could have ever imagined. Thank you for all the prayers, they were definitely heard and answered. Eleenah is now 17 months old and she now weighs a mere 20 pounds. She still fits in 9 months clothes. I am buying her 12 months for the fall, so I hope she packs on some pounds. The biggest change with Eleenah is her personality. She is not the same child! When we accepted her referral, they described her as being extremely shy and afraid of strangers. Now, she will do her best to get a strangers attention and put on a show for them. She is still attached to me, but she easily goes to everybody. Hunter and Noelle love her, and she loves them. Oh and she doesn't sleep all the time anymore. She used to sleep around 15 hours a night and now she just sleeps 12. I'm glad I didn't adopt first, I never would have handled a newborn well after her. Most of all I can tell you that we are blessed. I can't imagine my life any other way right now.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
6 months home
I can't believe it has already been 6 months since Eleenah was placed in our arms. Time flies by so quickly, yet it also seems like we never lived without her. She has fit into our family better than I could have ever imagined. Thank you for all the prayers, they were definitely heard and answered. Eleenah is now 17 months old and she now weighs a mere 20 pounds. She still fits in 9 months clothes. I am buying her 12 months for the fall, so I hope she packs on some pounds. The biggest change with Eleenah is her personality. She is not the same child! When we accepted her referral, they described her as being extremely shy and afraid of strangers. Now, she will do her best to get a strangers attention and put on a show for them. She is still attached to me, but she easily goes to everybody. Hunter and Noelle love her, and she loves them. Oh and she doesn't sleep all the time anymore. She used to sleep around 15 hours a night and now she just sleeps 12. I'm glad I didn't adopt first, I never would have handled a newborn well after her. Most of all I can tell you that we are blessed. I can't imagine my life any other way right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment