Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

We spent our Thanksgiving Day in the car headed to Montreat, North Carolina for our Turkey Day Celebration. The traffic was great, since everyone else was with their family and friends sitting around a dinner table eating. When we headed out, Eleenah had a fever, so I packed up some Tylenol and Motrin and decided we would make the best of it. Little did I know at that time that Elee would be the least of my concerns. Hunter ended up getting sick in the car and throwing up all over himself and part of Noelle (yes, this created some drama). So, we decided it was time to eat lunch. So, where do you eat on Thanksgiving Day if you are on the road? You guessed it, Waffle House. This wasn't just any Waffle House, this was quite possibly the worst Waffle House we have ever been to. Once, I saw how nasty the place was, I didn't feel so bad about dragging two sick kids in. We thanked God for the food that he had provided for us and dug in. Soon after the trip to Waffle House, we arrived at Montreat and were excited to let the children run free. I snapped the following pictures after we got to Montreat. Anyway, this is the only day I got really good pictures of my children, because that night, Hunter ended up getting really sick and it was all down hill from there. Yes we had Thanksgiving, yes we enjoyed seeing our family, and yes, we are home! So, I would like to give you my list of what I am thankful for this year. I am thankful that God chose me to be his child. This kinda sums it all up! I am thankful for all the typical things that one would be thankful for, but the truth is, that it all comes from my heavenly father. He provided me with a wonderful spouse, and three precious children. He gave me a family, a home, and my health. I am thankful after all our experiences this year for our freedoms that allow us to seek God and to praise him in all circumstances. God has continually provided for us in a way that we know that it was orchestrated by him alone. What more could I ask for? My prayer for this next year is that I will continue to be content and secure in the places where our Lord leads us. And my prayer is that all of you would be just as content and feel the love of God in your own lives.

No comments: