One thing I've learned is that it is easy to look at peoples blogs and read about all the wonderful things that are going on in the lives of the writer. And I too, tend to write when it has been a good day, or I have a cute moment to share. But, I do want to make it clear that life isn't always easy, and we are not always smiling like we are in the pictures that I post. Sometimes life is crazy, and we charge through the day and the goal for the day is, just to make it through. Lately, I have had one sick child, one fussy child, and one child who has made it known that she isn't getting enough attention. Hunter has had a fever virus for about a week. Eleenah has decided that now is the time to throw some all out temper tantrums. These are complete with body slamming the walls and sliding down them, then spinning circles on the floor while she screams, "BAM, BAM" at me. Rest assured, if you here Elee say bam, bam, you had best get out of the way. Now, for those of you who know Eleenah, you wouldn't believe that my happy go lucky daughter would behave like this, but I have had a few lucky friends this week who have been over and have been able to witness it first hand. And, being the supportive friends that they are, they laughed. Needless to say, when it is happening, I don't think it's to funny. Also, Eleenah has figured out how to push Hunter's buttons. So, I have become a full time referee. And in the midst of temper tantrums and fevers, there is my precious Noelle. She has gotten the short end of the stick. She is continually keeping me on track, and helping me out. She has been slighted with my time, and she has let me know it. So, tomorrow, she and I are going to sit down and finally plan her birthday party (her birthday was Dec. 6th). With the start of my photography business, and the rush of Christmas Card orders, her birthday got put on hold. In fact, I feel like my entire life was put on hold for two months as I worked to build my business. We did have a successful Christmas Season, and I am thankful for that, but I know now what I can do to make things run smoother next year. I'm writing this not so you will feel bad for me, as I wouldn't trade my life for anyone elses. But, I am writing just so you all know that I am a real person with real life circumstances. I don't want my blog to paint a picture of some perfect family. And, all this will explain why it took me five weeks to finish this Aubie mural on the wall in the playroom. It only took a total of 6 hours. But, it took me five weeks to find the six hours. I am pleased with how it turned out. I've already had several requests to paint more for other people. I guess, I can add that to my list of things to do in my spare time, but for now, I think I'll stick to photography.
No comments:
Post a Comment