Monday, February 26, 2007

Blessings of a year!

Adoption Announcement Picture
One year later, what a difference!
On February 26, 2006, a special gift was placed in our arms. It was an unimaginable gift. It was a gift from God. I can not believe that today marks the one year anniversary of Eleenah joining our family. I still stand in awe of our adoption process. I have never in my life known so clearly that I was doing exactly what God had intended for me to do. I remember just being at peace as we were walking into the civil affairs office. I knew through my prayers that no matter what happened that day, that God would be glorified. When the nanny turned the corner with Eleenah in her arms, I did not recognize her. I only knew it was her because she was carrying a bear we had sent her. As they walked across the room towards us, she held out her arms for me, and never looked back. She was home at that moment. She was everything I had prayed for, and more. Over the last year, we have watched Eleenah change so much. She has gone from a shy child to an outgoing one. She has gone from sickly to healthy. She has gone from 16 pounds to 22 pounds. She has become one of us. I can assure you that the adoption experience is the most amazing experience of my life. I am so glad that God adopted Paul and I, without him this miracle never would have happened.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my she is beautiful! You are truly blessed.

Anonymous said...

I love LeeLee pictures, they make the waiting a little brighter. I can't wait to go. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how much Eleenah has grown up. Even though we don't talk as often as we did when we lived close, we keep all of you in our thoughts and in our hearts every day. She is precious in that dress (is that the dress that Noelle wore in the wedding?)

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please come to Iowa and take pictures of my girls, you always have a magic way of making yours look like angels! I am always amazed at your many talents. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I give up, can I just adopt her? She makes my heart melt. Thanks for posting so many. I've noticed you are selfish with your pictures. Please keep them coming.

Jenna said...

Yes Michelle, this is the dress from your wedding? I can't believe that Noelle was ever that size. She was about the same age as Eleenah now when she went down the aisle for you! That makes me sad. Thanks for letting my princess be part of your big day, she still remembers Shell and Mouse!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping to catch a glimpse of a Fogang Beauty. I knew your gotcha day was close. Have a wonderful time with many more years to come. It's almost 2 for us. Time flies

Anonymous said...

Thank you for always pointing to God. Your testimony on God's love lifts me up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me get a glimpse of what things will be like for us. You have a special treasure.

Sonya said...

WOW! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! Great pictures!!! After our girls come home time goes sooooooo fast!!

Sonya

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted. I check your blog everyday looking for Eleenah pictures. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

She is precious! thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of you! I keep wondering if you have any flaws. You always appear to be the perfect parent with perfect children! I want to be just like you when I grow up. The only problem is I keep getting older, I've just never grown up!