Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Humane Society

Noelle is involved in Keepers at Home which is kind of like girl scouts, except is grounded in the word of God. Her group volunteered at the Humane Society on Tuesday to help the animals. My fear was that Percy, a dog that my children, especially Noelle, have fallen in love with would still be there. When we pulled in, I saw Percy up on the hill, someone was walking him. We of course played with him for awhile, then went in to do our service project. The girls, and their brothers made decorations for the Humane Society to hang up, and they fed the dogs some treats. Of course Noelle gave all her treats to Percy. We had a fun time volunteering, but our hearts were sad again to leave Percy behind. We met Percy about a month and a half ago, and Noelle walked him for a fundraiser for the Humane Society. He was the sweetest dog, and he never pulled on the leash. He loved on all three of my kids by giving them big kisses. I could really sense that Percy was a special dog, and that he deserved a great home. I'm not the only one who sees this, the shelter staff can also see how special he is, but for whatever reason, families just keep passing him by. I mention him all the time to my friends, but so far, no one has come forward to get him. If you might be interested in Percy, please take a look. I promise, you won't be disappointed, he is that one in a million dog that people dream about! http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8720080

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable. Hopefully he will find a home soon.

Karen