Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Wedding

It's kind of funny, Becca actually brought Tig into our family, but as soon as he arrived, it didn't take long before he was part of the family. My kids took to him right away, and they have always loved Becca. So, Saturday was a special time for all of us as we watched them make a commitment to one another. There were times when we worried that the details of the wedding wouldn't work out, but in the end, it all came together perfectly. I have been worried for awhile now about Eleenah walking down the aisle. I wasn't worried about Noelle, she is a professional flower girl that started her flower girl career at 20 months. If she could do it so perfectly then, then we knew she could do it now. Hunter worried me a little, but we talked alot about it and he was clear as to what his job was. Eleenah though would just say, "Flower girl, Yeah!" So, orginally when I stared at the $395 dress that the bride loved for the girls, I was really wondering about Eleenah's status as a flower girl. However, thanks to Debbie we got the exact same dress for alot less! (Debbie is my dress hero!) So, we talked about all the worst case scenarios with Becca, and she didn't mind, so LeeLee was to be a flower girl. I was so proud of all three of them! They all did an amazing job and LeeLee loved all the attention she got. So, on Saturday, my son, Tig and my daughter, Becca were married! It was really sweet as she began to cry while saying her vows and he reached up to wipe away her tears. It was at that moment that I could really see the love that they have. I am so proud of both of them, and I'm really glad that they won't be leaving the family yet! There are so many great pictures I could put on here from the wedding, but I will limit myself and put a few of my favorites.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm glad everything went well at the wedding. I heard all about it from Laura. She said LeeLee was the cutest thing ever! You guys are so blessed. By the way, I hope you consider me family!

Karen

Doug and Terrye said...

What a beautiful day, thank you for sharing the joy!!!

Terrye in FL

Anonymous said...

OMG! Becca looks so beautiful! You should have known that your kids would be perfect! They are the coolest kids I've ever met! We miss you guys so much and miss being their for family dinner. It makes me hungry this early in the morning to think about your excellent cooking. We're getting skinny without your food. Ha ha! I just want to say again that you provided us with so much, as I know you do for the others, but it really does leave a lasting impression. After being served so graciously by you guys, you can't help but think how awesome heaven is going to be. We love you and miss you!

Alaina

Anonymous said...

The picture of LeeLee with the limes just makes me smile. We have been waiting for so long now, and I am always moved by the beautiful pictures of your little ones. Please keep the pictures rolling, our DTC group follows your blog, and we all get so excited when someone posts that there are new pictures of LeeLee. It's almost like we have all adopted her as our virtual child. She is just so beautiful. She and Sophie Lu seem to have a captivated audience. Unfortunately, now that the process has really slowed down, you both have slowed down posting! Please for the rest of us, keep it up!

Meagan Seavers
Waiting for Evelyn Grace

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenna, the kids look so cute, your young and old ones. I just took a peek at Becca's wedding pictures and they are just beautiful! Thanks again for all you do for these guys. You leave the rest of us wondering how you do it! You inspire me so much. Looking forward to seeing what God has in store for you this year. I'm just sure you can handle about ten more (HA :)). I wouldn't ask you to do that, you can stick with the 15 you've got!

Tamara