Thursday, April 17, 2008

Easter

Easter is my favorite Holiday. It was fun this year to share Easter with Emily. She didn't really understand what Easter was all about, until this year. Of course we had to do all the traditonal Easter stuff, the hunts, the eggs, and the bunny. But, we also spend alot of time teaching in our home the true meaning of Easter, and explaining how it is what sets our faith apart. We made resurrection rolls, which really ended up being a great ministry tool. My kids will remind me that we need to make them, but this year, when it was time I had a house full of children. So, I was able in a tangible way share the death and resurrection of my Lord. The kids were so excited to eat the finished rolls. Then as parents came to retrieve their children, the kids were eager to share with their parents what they had learned. That was really neat to watch. I love seeing excitement for what God's word has to offer. Emily is excited to take the resurrection roll tradition back with her to Taiwan.

No comments: