My kids have been so excited for a couple of weeks about the Hamster Ball Race that Petco puts on each year. They picked up a training schedule and tried their best to prepare their hamsters for the big day. We held practice races at home that were entertaining. Hunter's dwarf Hamster seemed to dominate the group. Noelle's hamster follows her voice, but is never in a hurry. LeeLee's hamster never moved off the starting line, ever! My kids were the only ones that had preregistered for the race, so I felt like we had a good chance of winning at least something. Turns out one other family showed up with their sweet hamster, Button. The first heat was Hunters hamster, Heart, against Button. Heart of course did her thing a blew button away. Second heat was LeeLee's hamster, Jewel (last name Ya), against Noelle's hamster Molly. Jewel didn't move as expected, so Molly won the race. So they did the the winner's heat Hunter and Noelle against each other. The picture above is of them on the starting line, then the one right below is of Heart smoking Molly. The best race though was the losers heat, LeeLee's hamster, Jewel, against Button. Jewel actually started rolling for the first time ever. Button was ahead, then turned around and went the wrong way. Jewel came all the way to the end of the track and stopped. Hunter was pointing to the finish line, and LeeLee was slamming the ground. Button started sailing towards the finish line when Jewel finally decided to make go forward and roll off the track. The crowd went wild. It was hilarious. So, we took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. When Hunter got his prize, he said, "Wow, this is a lifetime supply!" I think he may be right. I think we will have to do this again next year. I love it that the smallest Hamster won! Little Heart looked like David against Goliath, yet came out victorious!
2 comments:
Ha! Ha! I love it! Only you would take your kids to something like this. Way to go on sweeping the prizes.
Much love,
Karen
Awesome! What a fun race. I like that Lee Lee's hamster has a last name :-)
Post a Comment