Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Beach Riding
I love this beach! One thing about Cape San Blas is that you can bring all your animals to play on the beach with you. We got to ride on the beach too! Noelle was looking forward to this so much. LeeLee decided she would like to ride with me this time. She will tell you she loved it, but she complained a lot! She kept saying her butt hurt. I'm sure it did since she is so skinny. Another thing I love about this beach is that there aren't very many people. We rode on the beach for an hour and only encounted two families total. It is really neat to just ride by the water and see the beautiful surroundings that God created. Leaving the beach this time broke my heart, because I am afraid that everything I love about this place is about to be ruined by the oil. The wildlife is so abundant, 250 pound sea turtles can be seen nightly climbing on shore to lay their eggs. It sickens me to think about them getting back into the water and how they will most likely encounter the oil shortly into their journeys. Everytime, I leave the Cape, I feel like a piece of my heart is still there, but this time I feel like I walked away with a heavier heart because of the devastation that is to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment