Hope did great last night sleeping and hasn't grieved at all. She has been so excited to have a family and be with us that it doesn't appear that she misses the orphanage at all. She woke up at 6 a.m. this morning and was ready to make things official. She was really excited to put on her new clothes and get all dolled up. I even painted her fingernails this morning and she was smiling from ear to ear. So precious!! We left for another hotel to complete our paperwork since two other families were there that were adopting from Baotou. She was excited to see the orphanage staff, but was even more excited to show us off.
To make things official, Hope had to put her handprints on the adoption agreement. We had already put our thumb prints on lots of papers, so she was so excited to finally get the ink all over her hands.
With a our thumb prints, her hand prints, and some official signatures, she officially became a Sanders.
- Hope loves Paul! She wants to be carried everywhere we go. She melts his heart with just a little look.
- Hope seems to have an awkward gate. She has weak legs, and her right foot turns inward. She needs some strength building in her legs.
- She is so petite. She is 6 years old and only weighs 35 pounds.
- Hope has an infectious laugh. It makes everyone around her smile.
- Hope loves to be the center of attention! She and LeeLee will have to battle that one out.
- She repeats everything I say. She understands quite a lot of what I am saying. It is amazing to think she has only heard English for one day.
- Hope is an amazing squatter. She will squat and pee in the middle of any street without getting her pants wet at all. It is amazing! (all children do this, so it's not uncommon)
I will leave you with this picture to prove to you that our heavenly father wants to answer our prayers. Since I have missed most of the monumental firsts in Hope's life I specifically prayed that she would not lose any teeth until we had her. Once children lose teeth, they all of a sudden don't look little any more. I asked our loving father to keep those teeth in there until I had a chance to see her baby smile with my own eyes. Today her first tooth came out. She was so precious about it. She keeps running to the mirror to look at her new smile. Thank you Lord for answered prayers!!! Please continue to pray for our family and for sweet Hope!! George was still drying off today, but he already told me his plans for tomorrow, and I will tell you, I'm a little nervous for him.
10 comments:
What a wonderful post!!!!! I can NOT wait to meet her!
Oh Jenna! I have tears. She is just amazing! God is so amazing!!!
Congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL daughter! Praising God for His faithfulness in each of your lives! Enjoy this amazing time! Thanks for sharing, we are counting down the days until we can meet our little one from Baotou! Blessings, Sarah
Okay, I cried...tears of joy! How amazing God is! Lots of love and prayers coming your way!!!
What a blessing that you were able to be with Hope when she lost her first tooth! She looks absolutely happy to be with you!
I am so happy for you!!! Hope is so adorable! I am loving being able to read about her. How incredible about her SN, or lack thereof! So thrilled for you and your family...
What a blessing! I am so happy for you guys!
Rebekah--a lifeline family
Congrats Jenna! Hope is just beautiful. I love to see how much God shows up in the process. He helped save some "firsts" for you. Loving the updates. That Auburn game was a heart stopper. Prayers with you guys
How did the SWI folks like the album you made from all of us? What a cutie you have!
Awe! Absolutely amazing! Why couldn't you visit the orphanage? Hope is so beautiful!!!!
Post a Comment