We decided to take advantage of our time with David and had him rush us over to the Summer Palace. We decided to fly through there quickly so we could beat the rush hour traffic. David said we needed to take the Dragon Boat because it would be fastest, so we hopped on. Geoge was so brave at the front of the boat. Once we made it to the other side of the man made lake (which took four years for the workers to dig by hand with shovels) we were so impressed with the beauty and detail of all the buildings.
My favorite structure was this marble boat. China has a famous saying about what boats can do, they can either rock and float or be overturned. So the Dragon Lady had this boat built to represent that their boat (their government) could not be overturned, but that it was sturdy and strong.
I included this picture just to show you that China has absolutely no safety regulations. This guy was sitting on an old 1x4 board suspeding in the air by one single old rope.
At the end of the day, I saw this site. This one puts the biggest smile on my face. Even though I know that the church is highly regulated here, it is still here. What a glorious site to see the cross glowing from the doors of the church. Tomorrow we head out to the Great Wall.
Please pray that we have a safe trip tomorrow to the Great Wall and back. Pray for Hope as tomorrow is her last day in Baotou. Pray for the transition she is about to make to our family. Pray for the little girl that my friends are adopting, Emma Lael. She is being taken from the foster home she has been in for the last three years and heading back to Inner Mongolia to prepare for her adoption on Sat. Also, pray for my mom and kids back home.
3 comments:
Praying for you guys! and jealous of your fun trip! I can't wait to meet Hope :)
So excited about seeing you guys with Hope! Looks like you guys are having a great time so far. Can't wait to read more later!
Oh I wish we could have seen the Summer Palace! I am so jealous!! It looks just beautiful!
And what a beautiful church.
Praying for you guys and for the rest of ya that are here. Have fun at the wall tomorrow. We made it to the 7th tower. I'm just saying. :)
Post a Comment