
We made it to Beijing around 9:30 am on Wednesday Morning. We are 13 hours ahead here, so we are working hard on making the time adjustment. I love the Peninsula Hotel where we are staying. Once I made our reservations, they emailed me to let us know that they would be picking us up at the airport in a limo. It was nice to have someone waiting on us so we didn't have to navigate things on our own. Once we got settled into our room, we decided to just walk around and familiarize ourselves with the area. Since I was go on 40 hours of no sleep, I gave in and took a 2 hour nap. After we woke up, we headed to the shopping district and found a Pizza Hut. I have dreamed about the Pizza Hut pizza ever since our last adoption trip in 2006. I LOVE the Chinese Pizza Hut! I am not ashamed. We are back at the hotel now ready to try to get some more rest. We will tour Beijing tomorrow on our own. I didn't realize until we got back here how much my heart misses China. I love taking it all in (except the smog, of course)!
Please continue to pray for Hope. We can't imagine the emotions that she is having now about leaving Baotou. Please continue to pray for our safety. Also, pray for our travel mates, the Sislers, they are here in Beijing today and met their little one today at New Day Foster Home. And again, please pray for our children and my mom.
4 comments:
So glad you made it safely to Beijing. We are just ahead of you guys by a few days and are in Hohhot currently. Our Gotcha Day for our son Keaton Ellis Tianyu was on the 13th! We are doing very well with our bonding process so far! We will pray you continue to have travels and a great experience with your new daughter on your Gotcha Day!
http://ourjourneytokeaton.blogspot.com
God bless,
Christy and Kevin
Hi! I am excited for you guys and already praying for you, your family, and your new daughter. I look forward to hearing about your trip through your blog!
In Christ,
Rebekah, a waiting Lifeline family
Hey! I'm so glad ya'll made it safely there. I am praying for you and Hope. I can't wait to see all of your adventures with George!
Love,
Dana
Yea! You made it!!
Post a Comment