Saturday, September 18, 2010

Not the day George was expecting....

George woke me up around 1:00 a.m. I had to tell him that we needed a little more sleep. So, he woke me up again at 3:00 a.m. After having a little chat with him about interrupting my sleep, I was then wide awake. So, after we got up we began to pack up and get ready for our flight to Hohhot. We had our last wonderful breakfast at the Peninsula, then made our way to the airport. I ended up having to tie George to my backpack because the airport was so crowded, and I was afraid he might get separated from us. We had a short flight to Inner Mongolia, and then a terrifying bus ride to the hotel. We made it though and we are delighted with our hotel, the Shangri-La. Hohhot is a small town of about 1 million people. There are not as many cars, but lots of bikes instead. There seems to be very distinct social classes here. People are either wealthy, or poor, their isn't much of a middle class.
When we arrived here, our guide informed us that we would not be getting Hope today, instead, we would get her tomorrow. We were extremely disappointed that we didn't get her today, and that we didn't know before hand that this would be the case. However, we will get a good nights rest tonight and be ready to meet her tomorrow. When we ventured out today we saw the kids playing in the water that was collected around the trees. We found a market and stocked up on water and sprite. We also went to a restaurant called Mr. Pizza that was recommended to us by the hotel staff. It was actually decent, but not as good as Chinese Pizza Hut. Imagine my surprise when we got back to the hotel and I heard the water running in the bathroom. George was in there brushing his teeth! That silly George, I wonder what he will do next!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

So glad you guys made it. I've become a bit obsessed with checking your blog. :)

Sleep tight! Tomorrow is Hope Day!!!

Rebekah said...

Sorry that the plans changed and that you will not meet Hope until tomorrow.
Praying for Hope and your family.

Sarah Brewer said...

OH I was so wishing to see pictures of sweet Hope today! I'm so sorry it didn't work out. God does seem to have this "perfect timing" down pat though, so tomorrow will be a wonderful day!!! And I'm so excited for you guys! I'm praying for you :) and I love you!

Also, I just noticed something... everytime you leave a comment on someone's blog you have to type in a security word, right? well - my security word for this comment is "blesse" HA! crazy - you guys are blessed :)

Stephanie said...

We've been keeping up with the trip and Christopher ask daily if you have LeeLee's sister yet! Praying all goes well! Can't wait for pictures!!!