Friday, September 24, 2010

On to Guangzhou

We headed out this morning for the airport at 6 a.m. Hope was not real excited when I woke her up. We had bag breakfasts waiting on us, and she and our little travel mate Emma where the only ones that seemed to be happy with the limited selection. Hope was so excited when she saw the airplanes. However, she thought that we were going to go all the way to America today and she kept telling anyone who would listen that she was going to meet her siblings. We had to fly to Beijing to change planes then onto Guangzhou. She did great on the first flight, but the second plane sat on the runway for over an hour and she didn't understand why she had to stay strapped into her seat. Then it happened, the saddest little silent tears started flowing. I put my arms around her and then I cheered her up with some food from my backpack. She was great after that. When we arrived in Guangzhou, Lily (Lifeline's Facilitator) was waiting for us at the airport. It was there that she learned that she wouldn't meet the kids today. I felt so bad for her. We have had to transport Hope around in a stroller if we are going long distances because she has so much trouble with her legs tiring. When we got off the plane, they didn't hand us her stroller as usual, so we had to improvise and use a luggage cart to tote her through the airport. When she finally had to give up her luggage cart so we could go down the escalator, she fussed at the man that told her she had to get out. Not quite sure what she told him, but she had a sassy little look to her! We are staying at the Garden Hotel here in Guangzhou. It is very nice, and the rooms and 20 times better than the White Swan. I am sad not to be on the island (or my vision of the island) but we will visit over there tomorrow. This picture is for my kids! Hope can ROLL her TONGUE too! Looks like I am the only member of our family who can't!! I guess that makes me special :)

No comments: