
I can't even tell you how much this picture makes me smile. I love it when LeeLee is so happy that her eyes disappear. She has been my youngest to lose a tooth. Everyone else was 6 when they lost their first tooth, so I was surprised to find she had one loose. She was so excited about losing it that it was ALL she could think about. Noelle finally just reached in and plucked it out for her. Tradition at our house (not while in China) is that I will make a embroidered tooth bag the day you lose your first tooth. I really had good intentions of getting it done, but Noelle was home sick with strep, and I realized that the computer that had my file for the tooth fairy on it had died a few years ago. She of course didn't want to settle. She wanted a tooth bag like her big sisters with the fairy and the little saying, "Little Fairy as I sleep, take this tooth, the coin I'll keep." So, I searched for them and finally found them both (for free I might add.) She picked out her fabric, and I was all set. Except for the fact that I got completely side tracked the rest of the day. When it was bed time for LeeLee my heart broke as I looked at her puppy dog eyes. So, she went on to bed, I and did what all good mothers would do. I stayed awake and made her a tooth bag.

It was close, but I got it done in time for the tooth fairy to come. We have a super cool tooth fairy that visits our house. She always brings a note when you lose your first tooth, and she brings a gift to help them keep track of how many teeth they have lost. Oh and yes, she brings money, $3.00 per tooth (I'm sure inflation is killing her!) Then as she leaves the room, she sprinkles fairy dust from their pillows to whatever window she climbed in. I'm really kinda super jealous that my kids have such a cool tooth fairy and I just had one that brought spare change.

The next morning, I decided to go ahead and make Hope's tooth bag too. Since she lost her first in China, she missed out on the whole experience of our magical tooth fairy. Once I finished her bag, she compared it to LeeLee's and was very upset that she didn't have a tooth counter attached to her bag. I tried explaining in English that the tooth counter is a gift from the tooth fairy and when she loses her next tooth, she will get one. She didn't get it because she walked away wiping a little tear from her cheek. She has two loose teeth now, and I pray one falls out quickly so she will feel that everything is fair again.
1 comment:
Clara is a little envious of Eleenah! Merry Christmas to your family from the Witmer family.
Post a Comment