
Hope had been talking about getting hers ears pierced since before Christmas. I kept putting it off for fear of her being as dramatic as LeeLee. However, she got in my bed on Monday morning and said, "I get my ears pierced today." I asked her if she really wanted them, and she indicated that she did. So, I had her watch youtube videos of kids getting them done. I was careful to show her videos of kids that didn't cry so she would know she was supposed to be brave. She was so excited when he headed out the get them done.

They had two workers there, so they were able to do both ears at the same time. The lady that did LeeLee's was there and she started laughing when she saw LeeLee and said, "I remember you." Oh yes, how could she ever forget. I assured her that Hope was going to be much easier. As you can see from the picture, she thought about crying right after they did them. But she realized it was over and never shed a tear. She was all smiles once she saw them in the mirror.

We were so proud of her. She was the easiest one yet, and she is so proud of her new pink earrings.
4 comments:
She looks so cute with her ears pierced.......what a sweetie!
Hi,
I just wanted to say hello and I love reading your blog! My husband and I are in the midst of our first adoption, a 3 yr old girl from China.I am very excited adn reading about how much fun your family has together just makes me wish I could fly over right now...and pick up a few extra while I am there...we won't tell my husband that though, he is excited but kind of scared. He should read more blogs huh! SO I guess you live near Tiger Town in Opelika. My husband, Brian is from Grove Hill (went to Huntingdon College and Troy)so when we drive from Atl to GH it is a requirement (mine) that we stop at Tiger Town to eat, and Starbucks. He and I love the Montgomery area so much and would love to move down there - we are over this big city thing up here! ANyway - sounds like you all are having a blast together...I will keep following you and I am glad everythings is going great!
Tara & Brian Newton
Oh yay!! I think we are going to take Kate this weekend. She will not stop asking to do it. The video idea is great. I am going to steal that one. :)
Tell Hope I am so proud of her. I can't wait to see them!
Beautiful
Post a Comment