Monday, February 14, 2011

Making Dreams Come True

While in China, we had our guide ask Hope what her favorite cartoon was. She didn't hesitate one bit when she answered MICKEY MOUSE. She wasn't lying either, she loves him. She will watch Mickey Mouse Club House as many times as I will let her. So, I decided that a quick trip to Disney was in order, so she could experience all the same things as her siblings. I am a bit of an over the top Disney mom, so it took me about a month to plan everything out and make and gather special outfits and surprises for the trip. My mom wanted to go watch the excitement too, so she decided to join us. Since Hope is having surgery two days before her birthday, we decided we would turn this into a Birthday trip. We decided to celebrate her birthday on our first day in Disney since that would be the day she met Mickey Mouse. She first spotted Mickey during a parade. She started jumping up and down and screaming. He heard her, and pointed at her and started making great gestures her way. She was beaming with excitement. A little later, we went to get in line to meet the famous mouse, and she was moving along with the line when it moved. She and LeeLee actually sat down at one point and played while we were in line. I had just commented to my mom that I thought she didn't know what we were in line for, when all of a sudden, Hope caught a glimpse of Mickey. She squealed, "MICKEY." Everyone in line looked at her and started laughing. At that point the line couldn't move fast enough. Her dream came true......she got to give Mickey a kiss! I had planned Chef Mickey's for her to end her special day. She loved getting to eat with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald. To end her special day, she was presented with a cupcake, while the characters danced around. I don't think she could have had a more perfect day.

No comments: