Friday, May 13, 2011

Some More Pieces to the Past

 You all may remember that while waiting for Hope, I had a little obsession with the Chinese internet.  I searched for hours finding lots of pictures of Hope.  Since being home, she has been able to confirm that all the pictures are indeed of her and her friends.  Last week I decided to search again just to see if there was anything else out there of her.  I found the picture above.  This is a picture of her half the sky preschool class.  It was taken in March of 2010.  She is in the back left corner.  She actually brought his little flag with her in her box of crafts.  I also love this picture because some of her best friends are in it.  The little guy in the red jacket is her very best friend.  I have been advocating for him since our return from China, and I am so happy to say that he has a family.  They are great Christian family, and he will be close.  I can't wait for them to meet up on this side of the world.  The cutie in the front with the grey jacket is getting his new family next week.  We are in contact with them, and hopefully will be able to meet up with them.  She also has another sweet little friend who isn't pictured here, but she will be coming home to Alabama!!  What I find so amazing is that each of these three families are all Christian families that all want to preserve the special connection that these kids have.  This is exactly what I have prayed for.
I would have given anything to find this picture while I was waiting.  This picture was taken in June before we picked her up in September.  The lady she is kissing is just a visitor to Baotou.  They were there to celebrate Children's Day.  These volunteers had come in to do crafts with the children.  I am so thankful for each little piece of her past that I can find.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh, our Lilly is in the first picture! She is in the back, right in the middle. We just received our LOA for her today!!! So thankful that so many kiddos in that picture will have forever families soon.

Nightingale said...

I'll always be thankful to you for posting this information on RQ last year! We were able to find several early photos of Isaac in his orphanage.....just one more link to his past that we can have for him as he grows older.

KBam said...

It is such a blessing that we will be able to keep the kids connected. I can't wait to get a picture of these precious kiddos together again on this side of the world!!! This time my sweet Lily will be in it :) Bless her, it's hard to get in pics in that little crouch.

andrea said...

your a great mommy to continue to search for pieces to hope's past.