I will give a little bit of background info for those of you who don't live in the same "world" that I do. When you tread into the world of international adoption, no one, and I mean no one can understand your trials, triumphs, fears, and joys like people who have been in the same boat, or people who are currently in the boat with you. So, you go searching for your boat mates. Fortunately for us, there is a place that we refer to as the "Queendom" where we, the adoptive parents and hopeful adoptive parents of Chinese children, can rely on each other. Some of us in the Queendom build tight internet relationships that transform into real friendships. In the Queendom, there are a few really famous people. Of course the purple queen herself is the most famous of all, but I would have to say that the most famous "princess" is Courtney. She isn't an adoptive parent, but a big sister to two precious little boys from China. She is also the most knowledgeable when it comes to paperwork, steps to take, and how the process works. Pretty impressive if you ask me. So in the Queendom, Courtney is extremely famous and she came to visit me!
So, let me go ahead and admit my mistake in this visit. While Courtney's mom had already been in contact with me and asked me to take lots of pictures, I didn't want to seem like a crazy stalker lady with a camera, so I let my kids take pictures. So all the pictures you are going to see were taken by my lovely children.
So, this Courtney! She is more precious in person that she is online. If that could even be possible! We enjoyed getting to know both her and her father. We had a fun day! They got here and then we headed over to Ashley's house for lunch. Ashley and I also met on the same website, and Ashley happened to move to Auburn. So, Ashley also had a connection to Courtney, so lunch with her was a must. Then we headed back to my house for dinner.
Dinner was the big event of the trip because I had some very special friends who were also coming over to meet Courtney.
Of course my children love him to death, so actually meeting and talking to Courtney and her dad seemed almost impossible. He first had to be attacked and mauled, and climbed on like a jungle gym. He loves it, and encourages it, because he loves them as much as they love him.
In fact the kids had to get ready for bed, then they made a bed for him too and covered him up. He was such a great sport.
After my kids finally went to bed, Courtney and her dad were finally able to really talk to this young man and his parents. They were able to learn so much from each other, and get some questions answered in regards to homeschooling in Alabama, as Courtney and her family are contemplating a move. (Now I am desperately praying that happens!)
So, the evening was a success. Everyone had a good time and great fellowship was had by all.
The pictures below are just a very few of the pictures that made me laugh out loud when I looked through to see what my children had captured. I have learned my lesson, and next time I will just look like a crazy stalker woman with a camera.
This was an intentional face he was making at my children.
This is Courtney's, I don't know what you would call it look!And for this one, well, I have no clue!
It was hard leaving Courtney, but I left her in good hands when we said our good byes. I had taken her out to this special family's farm. It is always fun out there, and I knew they would take good care of them and point them back in the right direction to get back to the airport. I can only hope that our precious Miss Courtney will visit again!



4 comments:
Your kids got some pretty good photos, Jenna! I hope you don't mind if I steal some of them for my blog. The second picture is my favorite! So sweet!
Looks like fun for everyone! I know I loved having you all over here too!
I meant to say that the third one is my favorite, oops! :)
heck yeah courtney is famous! i haven't been on RQ since we've been home from china with emma lael....courtney is a very sharp young lady and helps so many families in the adoptive journey...how cool you met her.
Post a Comment