We left Xi'an around 9 in the morning to start our journey home. Because of the way our flight times worked, it meant that we would have to spend one more day in Beijing. Noelle was excited about this because I told her we would venture out to Wanfujing for dinner and shopping.
When we got down there, the street vendors were just getting their food prepared. Noelle looked a little worried when I showed her the scorpions on a stick and told her that is what we would be having for dinner. It is amazing how many of these things are actually sold and eaten.
Instead of the street food, we headed to my favorite pizza in the world, Pizza Hut in China!! Noelle didn't quite believe me that Pizza Hut in China was so good, but now she is a believer. I don't know what it is about that pizza, but it is the best I have ever tasted. Or could it be, that I was just so starved for American food that anything would have tasted fabulous?
While we were eating, I saw tons of people taking their picture with this little monster. Noelle laughed as each adult and child did the peace sign as they had the picture taken, so of course she had to do the traditional picture too.
In fact, it becomes habit to do the peace sign after you see so many kids and adults do it. Hopefully we will both remember in the future to drop the hands. We have had a marvelous time here with our Chinese friends. We have made memories that will last a lifetime, friendships that will last into eternity, and seeds that have been planted, that will hopefully bloom. Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we head for the long journey home to America. We thank you all for your prayers and for your support.
Please pray for our safe journey home. Pray for Xi'an Camp. They have two more weeks of campers coming. Pray for the other camp locations around China. Pray for the new set of translators arriving today. Praise him for a successful week here in China.



No comments:
Post a Comment