That seems to be the question I get everywhere we go. Everyone wants to know what she is. Honestly, I don't know. I am real tempted to get a canine DNA test, but I really don't want to invest the money, because it won't really change the fact that she is mine and I adore her.
The original shelter that took her in says that she was a Shih tzu mix. This is where she was turned in by her owners, so I tend to lean towards that one. The first vet that saw her, said Schnauzer mix. The groomer that cleaned her up and shaved her down was convinced she was a Yorkie Poo. My vet is 100% positive that she is a Shorkie (Shih Tzu/Yorkie mix.) The groomer I had help to trim around her eyes is also just as positive that she is a Dachshund Poodle mix. So, the question remains, what is she?
Little miss Pippa is an eight pound ball of goodness and evil all mixed into one. For the most part, she is the sweetest little dog, laid back and loving. Always looking for a lap just to curl up in. However, she doesn't like to share much. She doesn't really want to share me, and she is not going to share food or bones. We are taking the dog whisperer approach to her negatives, so hopefully she will learn soon. She has been just what I needed! My heart is still broken in ways I can't even express, but Pippa helps make each day a little brighter. How could it not warm your heart to come home to this precious little face waiting at the end of the bed for me?



3 comments:
Not sure of the breed, but I do know that she is adorable!!!
She's cute! I recommend using the positive reinforcement (with a clicker) training though.....instead of dog whisperer. It is an amazing technique that allows the dog to use it's brain and strengthen's the bond between owner and dog. I am so impressed with how much Kayano has progressed using this method.
What is she????? ADORABLE that's what she is
Post a Comment