Sunday, October 09, 2011

Chinese Festival

 Our local art museum, held their annual birthday celebration.  This year it was China related, so we jumped at the chance to go.  The kids learned how to do traditional Chinese calligraphy.
Hunter really got into this, and was the only one who attempted to do the Chinese characters.  His sisters roots are someone seeping in.
 Hope cracked me up, because when she finished she looked at me with all sincerity, and said, "Look, I wrote Hope just like in Chinese!"  And of course my response was, "Well of course you did baby, and it looks just perfect.  I'm so proud."  And at those words of confirmation, she beamed....Have I mentioned that I love her?
Noelle got into the pottery making.  She made a penguin, which had nothing to do with Chinese culture, but it had everything to do with her interests.  She is so serious.

We finished out our day by having tea with the Chinese emperor, and listening to him tell us about what life is like in China.  Hope looked at him when he finished and said, "That is not the same China I am from."  I guess the China he described is very different from the China an orphan knows.  It makes me anxious to take her back one day and introduce her to her homeland in a different light.  The land that I have fallen so in love with.

No comments: