Friday, February 24, 2012

Date Night 55/365

I decided to step out on my sweet husband tonight.   I had a really cute guy ask me out, and I just couldn't say no.  I mean seriously, look at him, he is adorable!
Hunter and I headed to church tonight for the mother son banquet.  We had a lot of fun.  The speaker was great, and his message was wonderful. I will remember this night for the rest of my life....you see, as our minister to children was up talking, I look over and see that the flame on the candle on our table seemed a little big.  It took a second to register that Hunter's napkin was in the flame, but once I did, I gasped and reached for the napkin.  I couldn't get it good with out the flame getting me, but I was able to push it back.  My friend Karissa jumps in, and she then grabs it, by this point, it is in full flames.  She is slamming that napkin all over our table.  Once it is finally out, she hits the table and soot shoots across our entire table.  Obviously no one saw it, but one young minister in the back who was coming to rescue us.  Once it was over we couldn't stop laughing.  We were getting some serious stink eye from the stage (who still had no clue what had happened), but the whole thing was funny, once it was over of course.  Our table cloth had a big whole in it, and Karissa looked like she was Santa and had just come down a chimney.  So, tonight goes down in the books as a night to remember!!  My little date was fun too!  I love that little man. Just so I can prove we paid attention, here was our memory verse for the night..... The word of the Lord lasts forever 1 Peter 1:25 

No comments: