Today is a special day in China, it is the 15th day of the first lunar month, so that means it is the Lantern Festival. This is one day that I intend to be in China for at least once in my lifetime. Hunter and Noelle helped me plan and gather up the special things we needed to pull off dinner. When we told the little girls, they got so excited. So while I was cooking, they were busy getting dressed up in their Chinese dresses. When they came down and saw the dining room all lit up with Chinese lanterns and candles, the excitement built.
They take turns praying at dinner, but we decided to let both Hope and LeeLee pray tonight. Hope said the normal things she says, but when we got to LeeLee the cutest little prayer came out.....Dear Lord, thank you for tonight, thank you for making me Chinese, thank you for Chinese food, thank you for this special holiday, I love holidays! Thank you Lord for my family, I love them, and thank you for this good food. I love you, and I am so happy! Amen
They really enjoyed our Chinese feast. I fixed egg rolls, beef and broccoli stir fry, and rice with sweet and sour sauce on the side.
I love that they have each other to share these experiences with. They loved playing with the lanterns in the dark and watching the lights reflect on the ceiling.
I really hope that one day, we can stand as a family in China during this festival and release sky lanterns. For now, I will just marvel at the beauty that God has given to our family through these two girls.....it was beautiful to share tonight with them just a little part of their culture and to watch their excitement and pride about their heritage. Happy Lantern Festival Ya'll!!




1 comment:
Oh how fun!! Will you adopt me Mrs. Jenna?
Katie
Post a Comment