It's hard to believe my baby is old enough to graduate from anything, but alas, she is. Noelle graduated this morning from the DARE program. I have had the privilege of sitting in on this class while subbing, and I can testify as to how much the kids have really enjoyed the curriculum and their time with Officer Horne. I think being educated about what is headed their way is so important.
Noelle was a little upset when she came home the other day after her class had talked about the graduation. A boy in her class said, "It doesn't really matter, you all are just going to drink anyway." Noelle said, "I'm not going to drink ever." The boy responded, "Yes you will, everybody does." Noelle stated her view again. Then she said, "My mom never has had a drop of alcohol." The boy looked at her and said, "Yes she has, she is just lying to you, everybody does." Noelle stood firm and said, "No, she hasn't." You see, Noelle knows my close friends from every stage of my life. Noelle knows that they will all confirm what she knows to be true. As for the boy, I'll be seeing him this afternoon, so he and I will have a chat about how it is truly possible to be approaching 40 and to have never had a drink of alcohol. I'm glad I can be that role model for Noelle. I truly feel that she will follow in my footsteps. Now as for the others, I'm not so sure.
The devil is prowling around like a roaring lion waiting for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8 If the DARE program was faith based, this is the verse that should be attached to it. It is so true that drugs and alcohol are just a way that the devil can devour such good kids. I pray for all my kids that they will find the conviction themselves to resist.

No comments:
Post a Comment