They smiled and giggled at each other through the ceremony, and it reminded me of my own wedding. You could just tell that they were so excited for this day to have finally arrived. They shared tender moments as they did communion and prayed to give their marriage to the Lord.
I am so thankful that the Lord brought Brandon into Amy's life! This smile on her face makes it such a priceless day!
Amy did a wonderful job putting her wedding together. Each little detail was obviously done with love. My kids were especially fond of the old glass bottle coke machine. The smores were a big hit too.
We loved the cakes. I will admit that I ate the groom's cake, but I just couldn't bring myself to put a picture of it on my blog. Everyone has at least one flaw, and Brandon's is that he is a big Alabama fan. So, his cake reflected his passion for his alma mater. The kids also loved packing up little sweet treat bags to go.
We had to grab Amy to do a quick picture with the kids. They were so excited to see her, and it took some restraint, but they didn't climb all over her.
So, we had a pretty special day celebrating a pretty special couple!! I laughed when we left, because as soon as we pulled out there was a huge billboard that said DIVORCE-For as little as $250. I looked at Paul and said, "Well if it doesn't work out, then I guess it won't cost them much." I was kidding of course, because this is a marriage that I am not worried about. I can't wait to watch them grow old together....Mr. and Mrs. Pierce were made by God for each other!








1 comment:
Wonderful blog!!! I'm sad I couldn't be there, but grateful to hear it was a great ceremony!!
Post a Comment