Twas the night before Easter, when all should be done
the children were all sleeping, but the mom was still on the run.
Dresses were needed to be worn by the kids,
so mom was busy cutting up fabric on the grid.
The sewing machine hummed as it worked on the monogram,
while mom was busy finally cleaning out her email spam!
A few more stitches here and there,
and the dresses were done with not a minute to spare!
I think one of these years I will not procrastinate and I will make the dresses well in advance of Easter. For some reason I feel like it always sneaks up on me. A sweet friend of mine cut my fabric for me at Hobby Lobby, and she said, "What are you making?" When I replied that I was making Easter dresses she laughed since she knew I was running out of time. I guess this is better than the year I was up until 2 a.m. getting them done. I love Easter!! I look forward to celebrating my risen savior tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment