What a day! We woke the kids up a little early so they could have a special last day of school breakfast at Chick-fil-a. Then we go them off to school. I came back to the house and made school lunches to deliver. Then I headed off to school where I spent my day going to four parties, taking down graduation portraits, and signing yearbooks for the sweet 5th graders who I have subbed for tons. We then had a dance party for the 5th graders where the end would be where they found out what teams they were on for middle school. That is when our day took a turn for the worse. Noelle and her best friend have been inseparable since first grade. I have been trying to prepare her that they may be separated, but reality hit today when they were given their assignments. Reality stung a little harder when you look at a few of the teams and realize that they were totally fixed. I won't play the politics game, so unfortunately, my child got the shaft. We will turn this into a life lesson, but for now we have tons of disappointment.
After school we hung out with the playground group. We have moms leaving us, and it was sad to walk away, knowing it will never be the same.
Noelle then headed off to a swim party with some of her 5th grade friends. She had a blast, but when we came home, this is the face we found. LeeLee currently has a temperature of 102.4. What a fun way to start our summer vacation! Today is one of those days that I just wish we could erase and start over, but I will just praise the Lord that tomorrow is a new day.

1 comment:
Poor LeeLee! I hope she is feeling better today. And poor Noelle! But, you are so wise to not try to "fix" it. They will be faced with so many difficulties in life and need to learn to face each one with strength. Enjoy your summer! You sound like such an incredible mom!
Post a Comment