First of all, I want to thank those of you that knew about the trip for keeping it a secret. I also want to apologize to all of you who thought I was going to the beach with Pippa. That has been my cover story so the kids wouldn't think anything was up. They talked about how I loved Pippa more than them because I was taking her to the beach for a month, so I know lots of friends thought that was the truth. Sorry! We are back now, I am exhausted, so I will only blog the day I kidnapped her.
After school when I was supposed to be leaving for the beach, I asked Noelle to run one last errand with me. She happily jumped in the car while I stayed back to tell the other kids that she was headed out on a special trip with me because she is the one who helps when I ask for it. This didn't come without warning to the remaining trio, they had been warned that their sister would receive a great perk because she is the only one that cleans when I ask them to. I had also always told Noelle when she complained that they weren't cleaning, that she would be rewarded for all her hard work. When we headed out on our "errand" I headed towards the Atlanta airport. I told her then, that I was surprising her with a trip, but didn't tell her where. She ended up falling asleep, so she woke up when I parked the car at the airport. She was hilarious when she realized where we were. Once inside, she was full of questions, she even made hand motions like she was going to strangle me because I wouldn't tell her. I even sat at the gate for a plane that was departing for Baltimore, just to throw her off. We finally boarded the plane for Orlando, and she was full of questions, but really hoping it was Disney. She didn't know for sure until after we landed and we boarded the Disney Magical Express. Once we settled into the resort we fell asleep fast knowing we would have a full day ahead of us. To be continued.....

1 comment:
How much fun! So excited to hear about the rest of the trip. Glad you were able to surprise her.
Post a Comment