Do you see that? They moved in our house about a year after we did. We have peacefully coexisted for the last five years. They lived in the overhang of the roof, and they didn't really bother us at all. However in the last five years, their colony has grown, it hasn't just doubled, I think it has centupled. Seriously, I think we have thousands now.
I heard some squeaking in the eaves of my deck, so I slightly pulled one of the boards down to get a peek. There they were, lots of little bats hanging waiting for nightfall. I didn't tack my spot back up, so now this is a new daily scene on the back porch. They come out and hang a bit before they take flight.So, yes my little bat friends, I am about to wage war. I realize you are a protected species, but you are going to have to find a new hotel or start paying rent. Your poop which I've heard people will pay big bucks for isn't worth the thousands of dollars of damage you are doing, not to mention the $3000 it is going to take just to get rid of you. But I will say this, ya'll are cute, and since I have been so kind, would you just please leave on your own....the house next door is empty...you could have it all to yourself. It would be quiet and hot just like you like it! Please, I'm begging you!

3 comments:
I think we may have a little bat couple as well. I have not seen them yet, but I keep hearing things....
I hate that it costs so much to get them to go. :(
They are very cute :-) how do they get rid of them?
You definitely want to get rid of them. I have friends and they discovered one had snuck into their house. It cost them quite a bit for everyone to get rabies shots (just in case). It was not a fun experience for their family. Good luck!
Post a Comment