Hunter runs in the house, and says, "Momma, the netting saved the chickens." I replied, "Say What?" Then he repeated himself as he rushed me out the door.
This is what we saw. It looked like one huge nine foot snake that had been chopped in half by the netting.
Then, once I had my camera, I realized that this was snake one.......
and this was snake two!
I took pictures and got inside since we were in the middle of a thunder storm. I called my sweet friend and neighbor, Kim, and told her to come up during her lunch break. I wanted to surprise her, because she hates them. However, by the time she arrived in the late afternoon, I had already realized that snake number two was alive. I told her we needed to try to save it, and I would relocate it. I wish I had captured her face at that moment. However, she loves animals too, and has the same compassion I do, so she went to work trying to free our little friend.
She was so proud of herself for holding the snake.
This one wasn't as fortunate. It was dead and had been for some time. The flies were buzzing around it, and that is how I realized the other one was alive. it was trying to catch a bite to eat.
Hunter was sad that I wouldn't agree to keep the snake. We put her in a pillow case and I relocated her to a nice new home free of houses. She has a creek and lots of little critters to catch in her new home. I think she will be quite happy there! Tomorrow, Hunter and I will replace the netting. All the chickens are safe and sound.





No comments:
Post a Comment