Yes, I am back.....sorry for the delay in beginning to catch up. I have the flu. I am the only confirmed case of the flu in Alabama since May 17th. Isn't that just lovely. That combined with jet lag have been somewhat of a nightmare. However, now between fevers, I am going to try and get myself caught up.
The day before I leave for China is always a little like a chicken running around with their head cut off. You would think I would have it all down by now, but I was trying to think of everything I may need, or my team might need. I had lots of little errands I needed to run, and four kiddos that I wanted to spend time with. I also knew I needed a little break in my day so I planned a little surprise for them. We went to the movies to see Brave in 3-D. This is a treat for my kids because it costs close to $70 for our family to go to the movies, so we simply just don't go. In fact, they were trying to remember the last time we had gone and couldn't remember. Then I looked over at sweet Hope and realized she looked a little confused because she had never been to the theatre before. We truly enjoyed Brave. It was better than I expected, and the 3-D was a bonus. LeeLee did get scared and ended up in my lap during the bear fight with her glasses off, but she claims she loved it!
We ran a few more errands then we headed home to get everything ready to go. I began Skyping back in forth with my China friends as soon as they were awake and they kept calling me telling me "bad news." I generally handle bad news well, so I didn't start freaking out that there were no train tickets available for my team to make it to our camp city. I had lots of friends working on it, so my Skype kept lighting up with calls from sweet friends trying to help.
Meanwhile, Paul's cell phone rings and I watch as his face falls. I knew it wasn't good news, so my heart sank knowing that whatever it was wasn't going to make leaving easier. Turns out his Aunt (who was like a second mom to him) had passed away. I stopped in my tracks and prayed to the Lord. I now hated the fact that I was leaving, but knew that I must go. I had five college kids depending on me, but I also had a husband that needed comfort that I had no time to give.
While he and I were talking, I finally got a call that said "good news." We had train tickets on the slow train. We would be on hard sleepers for 10 hours. I'll take it! With that news I did a little more packing then crawled into bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment