Saturday, July 07, 2012

The Little Things 189/365

I have been searching for the perfect leather couch and love seat for the playroom.  I had one requirement, and that was that we ended up with four recliners, one for each kiddo.  I finally found exactly what I wanted at a semi decent price online at Sam's Club.  I was disappointed to learn that it was out of stock though.  So I have waited and searched some more.  I have kept the money aside waiting to find what I wanted.  Today ended up being the day in such a strange way.  I didn't get much sleep last night due to some pretty awful storms.  Rags likes to try and sit on my head during bad weather, so he was not going to let me sleep.  So, I got online again and searched for my couch and love seat.  I found something that I felt I could settle with.  I decided to pray about it, and just didn't get a peace about buying it, so I decided to wait.  So, this morning after about 4 hours of sleep I found out that my friends dog had run last night when she let it out during a storm.  Knowing how it feels to be missing your furry friend, I headed out in my pajamas to search for Laura's dog.  I didn't find the dog, but I did find a garage sale that had just opened, and it had a leather couch and a love seat with......
four recliners.  Not only that, but it was in awesome condition for the low low price of $170 for both.  I couldn't believe it.  I told that new college graduate that I wanted it, but that unfortunately I was not out garage sale hunting, but dog hunting instead, so I didn't have any money. He was great and told me not to worry he would hold it for me, and after I paid him that he would deliver it to me.  Honestly, I'm shocked he took me seriously that early in the morning in my pajamas.  But he did, and right behind me was another lady trying to buy my dream furniture. So I ran home and put some clothes on, took off to Paul's office to grab some money and ran back to pay him. Buy the time I got back he had gotten over a dozen offers to buy, but he held true to his word and held it for me.  He delivered it too, just as promised.  He hauled it all the way down my tricky stairs and got it into the playroom. I was grateful to the boys for bringing it all the way over, so the kids and I surprised them tonight with cokes and a papa johns gift card. I am thrilled that I waited.  I love seeing how God can use a lost dog (which was found by the way) to lead me to the right furniture that saved us $1800.  

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25

No comments: