Friday, July 13, 2012

The Lost Day 195/365

I sat my team down and explained that I knew how to handle the jet lag so I needed them to follow my instructions so they could adjust.  It takes most people several days, and I knew we didn't have several days.  I needed them to be able to go, go, go.  I told them not to sleep more than four hours on our flight, because I wanted them to be able to hit the bed and sleep as soon as we got to our rooms in Beijing.  They for the most part listened.  Well, except Kelsey, she took three dramamine, and there was no waking her up.  We arrived in Beijing around 11 pm.  We had extra luggage with us (I pictured it a few days ago) and I needed to find the people to drop it off with, they weren't there.  But that is okay, neither was our driver.  None of this really worried me, but I could tell the students were wondering if I really had my ducks in a row.  I headed out to make sure our van wasn't outside, and by the time I got back in, the girls were there to collect the luggage from us.  Then, there was our van driver.  He was a treat!  My friend in Beijing had found him for me, and he was perfect for what I needed.  He got us to our hotel and we got settled in.  I instructed them to all get to sleep because we would be hitting The Wall in the morning.  I was rooming with Kelsey, so I was worried she wouldn't sleep, boy was I wrong!  I guess it takes a long time for 3 dramamine to wear off.  She hit the bed face first and she was out for the night.  I slept great too!  And this is when my heart smiled....I was back.  We were reunited, the part of my heart that I leave behind and the part of my heart I carry with me.  I was where I knew I belonged.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
 Matthew 11:28

No comments: