Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cactus Mouth 267/365

I had never heard of it before today, but now I am a believer that cactus mouth really exists.  I was taking pictures of a sweet senior this afternoon when Hunter comes running out of nowhere and says, "I have pokey things all over my tongue and between my teeth."  Well, it didn't quite sound exactly like that, his tongue was stuck out and the way he was saying it was kind of distorted.  He also got out the words, "I need medical care."  Meanwhile he is frantically pulling at his tongue with his fingers.  After some coaxing I found out that Hunter stuck his tongue up to a cactus because he had heard that a cactus will give you water.  We washed his tongue out and continued to pull the little thorns out of his tongue. I'll also let you know that I was not compassionate about this at all.  I helped him get the water on so he could rinse his mouth and of course photograph it so we will never forget just how ridiculous Hunter can sometimes be.  Love the boy, but sometimes I just have to wonder.

No comments: