Two years. Two beautiful years have flown by! I walked by my pictures that are in the kitchen today, and when I saw this picture of Hope, I couldn't help but think about everything that picture represents. You see, six years ago in Walmart, I found four frames on clearance and bought them all. I then came home and added words to all of them. Hunter's frame said "Dream." Noelle's said "Create Yourself" and LeeLee's had the fitting word "Believe." I had the fourth extra frame, and I went ahead and put the word laughter on it. I think that I was secretly hoping there was another little face to put in the frame, but I went ahead and tucked it away in an upstairs closet. It sat in that closet for almost four years when I pulled it out before we went to get Hope and put her picture in it so then when she got home her picture would already be on the board. I chose this little picture of her playing with the precious smile on her face because it was one of the pictures that had drawn my heart so close to her. How was I to know six years ago that the word laughter would be so fitting for a little girl that I didn't even know existed?
Hope is a ball of contagious joy! She is always smiling. She has the ability to makes others smile too, to the point that people, especially grown ups, want to spend time with her because she fills their hearts with joy. Hope also laughs at herself. When other kids would probably cry at their shortcomings, Hope just laughs. I will never forget getting an email from her teacher saying, "One of the problems I am having with Hope is that every time she falls, she laughs." To which I responded, "Honestly, I am happy that she laughs at herself, it is much better than any alternative I can think of. Since she unfortunately falls all the time, at least she can laugh at herself about it." I never heard back from her teacher on that one. I love Hope's laughter just as much as I love laughing at and with her.
My Precious Hope,
I can't believe that I have had the privilege of being your mommy for two years now. I remember when I first saw your picture and the tug at my heart, that could only be from God, letting me know that you were something special. The day we met two years ago, I was already so in love with you, and my love for you has only grown stronger. You, sweet Hope, inspire me to be so much more. I am in awe of your perseverance, I feel like the whole world could learn a lesson from you on that one. Thank you for your gift of laughter to our family. You fill our walls with joy.
Just as I love calling you my daughter, I also love hearing you call me mom. When we met, you were so excited to show your new family off to people, and you haven't changed a bit. I had fun at school today with you, and before I even saw your face tons of people had already told me how excited you were that I was there. It's nothing new for me to be a school, I'm there all the time, but each time, you are so excited to show me off, and say "that's my MOM!" I wish every mom could feel as important as you make me feel.
So cutie pie, Thanks! Thanks for being my girl. You are perfect in every way, and I am proud to call you my daughter. You are a blessing that I can't imagine living without. Happy forever family day to you!
Love you more than the sun, and the moon, and the stars in the sky,
Mom
XOXO

1 comment:
She is a indeed a beautiful beautiful blessing! Happy Happy two years home sweet one, and forever to go.
Post a Comment