Monday, November 05, 2012

It's Just That Kinda Day 310/365

It is Monday, and it has just been one of those days.  You know the kind, where you feel like you just can't get anything done.  It is the beginning of the month, so I am normally at my husbands office, but early in the year, I accepted two sub jobs for this week for teachers who would be out on training.  Turns out, I will be headed out of town later in the week with one of my babes, so I really have tons to do.  While at school, I just kept thinking about my week.....rent logs, eviction letters, cleaning the house, laundry, packing, getting the kids homework all done a day early, subbing on Wednesday, teaching RA's Wednesday night, and leading Bible Study in my house tomorrow night.  If you know me, you will know that I don't get overwhelmed easily, and I was quickly feeling very overwhelmed.  So, as soon as my little kids dashed off to their resource class today, I pulled out my Bible and began another in depth look at the life of Daniel.  It was so perfect as I was reading about how Daniel refused to give in, he was steadfast in his beliefs, and how is shrugged off all that the Babylonia garbage that the rest of the society of the time was feeding into.  Then I relaxed.  Ahhh, thank you God for a perfect message at the perfect time.  I am still sticking my tongue out at today (just like Pippa does everyday.)  I will do what I can tonight until my eyes need rest, but then I will rejoice because tomorrow is a new day.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverancethe race marked out for us Hebrews 12:1

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Thank you for a sweet reminder of scripture and a fun picture of you girls!