Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hunter's Gifts 361/365

Hunter couldn't wait to open presents yesterday.  He knew what he was getting because he had already picked it out.  He just couldn't wait to call all the stuff his.  You see, on Thanksgiving day we went to my mom's house.  That is rare for us, and when we are there Hunter gets so excited because he is around my dad's stuff.  Hunter misses my dad.  My dad was a tough guy to get to know, but for some reason, when Hunter came along my dad melted.  They were the best of friends and I got to see a side of my dad that I had never seen before.  I wish Hunter still had my dad, and I wish my dad was here to watch Hunter grow.  I know he would love him more and more each day.  But, since that isn't an option, Hunter just wants to get his hands on anything that belonged to my dad.  It makes him feel close to him.  So, when we went to mom's house, he shopped for his Christmas presents in her garage.  He made a little pile that consisted of an old radio, an old flashlight, a voltage tester, and a pulley.  He was like a kid in a candy store.  So on Christmas morning, he got his "Papa" items and he couldn't be happier.
Check out the side of the old flashlight lantern.  I think it was meant to be!  Now Hunter has a project trying to make this old thing work.  This is where he and my dad differ.  My dad had no patience.  I have the patience of Job, and Hunter thankfully inherited that trait from me.  This flashlight will work again soon, and I can't wait to see Hunter's excitement when he succeeds.

No comments: