We really enjoyed the beginning of our week with Rob. He had brought a special gift for Noelle all the way from Ireland. They were penguin bars. They are wonderful little chocolate bars and each one has a penguin joke on it, similar to the jokes on laffy taffy, but all about penguins. She loved them. He brought the rest of us fun stuff too. My favorite thing was a really nice Irish chocolate bar, and it made it even better when Rob called it "proper" chocolate. There is nothing like eating proper chocolate. I know I can't arrange my children's marriages, but I would be thrilled if any of my girls brought a guy like Rob home.
He attempted to teach the kids how to do an Irish dance. I don't think it went well, but he tried.
Hope had fun too. She kept slipping her arms in his jacket with his arms. He was such a good sport and I am sure his jacket sleeves are just a little big now.
Rob also got introduced to our stair sliding past time. He went down several times. The funniest moment was when he came down with just Hope. They landed at the bottom and Hope says, "I'm laying on your wee wee." Oh my goodness, what a mess she is....I'm not sure we will ever properly filter what comes out of her mouth.
The other great thing about having Rob was that we got to spend tons of time with these guys too. I have missed our China team. Tori missed out on all the fun, but Kelsey, Natalie, James and Blake were here for the festivities, and I have a feeling they will be back for breakfast again sometime soon. I have some new french toast addicts. After this picture, I drove Rob back to the airport. I did really good and didn't cry until I was almost home. I miss him. The kids miss him. When they got home from school and everyday since, I keep hearing, how much they miss Rob, or how something smells like Rob.
Thanks for coming Rob! You are welcome back in Auburn any time.
We rounded out our week trying to get to the heart of the problem with Hunter's reading disability. I along with several of his former teachers has suspected that he may be dyslexic. However, we have confirmed that he is not. Or that if he is, he has already learned how to mask it. It was also explained to us that he really is extremely intelligent. I have said that all along. Hunter is amazingly smart, it is just different. Not autistic or aspergers different, just different. He loves to take things apart and recycle the parts to make new things. This little gadget he made is almost like a tattoo gun. He makes things like this everyday. Unfortunately, this doesn't help any of us learn how to help him. After all his testing was complete, it was obvious that yes he has a learning disability in reading but it still isn't identified. I am hoping that we can figure it out soon. I would love for reading to be as easy for him as everything else is.






2 comments:
Miss you too Auburn mom!! Miss our late night chats about orphans and adoption!!
Hunter will have to explain that tattoo gun to me over Skype, wanna see how it works!! cool that they said he was super intelligent, not that you needed to be told though. Hope you get to the bottom of his reading difficulty so you can help him. I'm sure you will!
where was LeeLee this whole time?
CC
Post a Comment