This is a video of Noelle doing a speech at her school to celebrate there 50th birthday. She was so cute, she was representing the 1950's. I felt bad for her when she went blank on the word Topeka. However, she delivered her speech with such confidence and boldness. All the local dignitaries who were on hand commented on how good she was. School has just ended for Noelle, and we are sad. We have had such a great year, and the best teacher. At the end of the year, Noelle got nominated for the County Character in Education Award. Each School can only nominate two students and Noelle was one of them. Her teacher wrote, "I'm nominating Noelle because of her great overall moral character. She has taken time to reach out to a girl that didn't fit in. She has helped the girl build up her self confidence so that she could fit in with the other girls. Noelle also stands up for two boys in the class when she can see that they are being treated unfairly. And I know this can't count, but she shares about Jesus with the other children during recess (I only pray my children could be so strong)." Noelle got recognized in the newspaper, but she didn't win the overall award. However, after reading that, I knew she didn't need some fancy award to hang on her wall, I knew that her true reward comes from her heavenly father. And yes, the thing that counts the most, is that she is willing to share Jesus with others! Noelle, I am so proud to be your mom, you are the greatest big sister ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment