Today is our sweet little Hope's birthday. I really wanted to go ahead and hop on the jet plane and bring my little sweetie home, but I am trying to be patient and wait on God's perfect timing. We sent Hope a package for her birthday. I made her a blanket, we sent some small toys, candy, and a precious stuffed animal. LeeLee also decorated a photo album for her and we sent tons of pictures of our family and our home. We know we think she is adorable, so we hope that she thinks we are acceptable looking as well. All the kids drew pictures for her and we sent her a long letter. I also sent along several disposable cameras and am hoping that they will take pictures of her life there so we will have those for her. Last night as we were going to sleep we prayed that she would have a birthday filled with blessings. I keep claiming Jeremiah 29:11 for her.....I can hear Jesus whispering in her ear,"I know the plans I have for you Hope, and they are plans that include many blessings, I will not harm you, but I have come to give you great hope and an amazing future!" As I imagine Hope resting in the love of Jesus, I am humbled that God chose us to parent this precious 6 year old girl. Happy Birthday my precious girl!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Happy Birthday Hope!
Today is our sweet little Hope's birthday. I really wanted to go ahead and hop on the jet plane and bring my little sweetie home, but I am trying to be patient and wait on God's perfect timing. We sent Hope a package for her birthday. I made her a blanket, we sent some small toys, candy, and a precious stuffed animal. LeeLee also decorated a photo album for her and we sent tons of pictures of our family and our home. We know we think she is adorable, so we hope that she thinks we are acceptable looking as well. All the kids drew pictures for her and we sent her a long letter. I also sent along several disposable cameras and am hoping that they will take pictures of her life there so we will have those for her. Last night as we were going to sleep we prayed that she would have a birthday filled with blessings. I keep claiming Jeremiah 29:11 for her.....I can hear Jesus whispering in her ear,"I know the plans I have for you Hope, and they are plans that include many blessings, I will not harm you, but I have come to give you great hope and an amazing future!" As I imagine Hope resting in the love of Jesus, I am humbled that God chose us to parent this precious 6 year old girl. Happy Birthday my precious girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment