Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Happy Birthday LeeLee!!!
My sweet girl is 5!! Everyone in my house knows that 5 is a HUGE birthday. When you turn 5 at our house you get to pick a parent and pick any trip you want. LeeLee decided last August that she wanted to go on the Disney Cruise for her 5th. Before she even picked a parent, Paul said that it wouldn't be fair for just one of us to go since we had both already been on one of these special trips (he with Noelle, me with Hunter). Paul knew she would pick me, and he wasn't going to be left out of the Disney Cruise. There was a cruise leaving out on her Birthday, so I felt it would be the perfect one. I was so impressed with the cruise the attention to detail was amazing! As soon as we boarded the boat they but a button on her that told everyone it was her birthday. The staff really paid attention to that button and she felt like a princess all day. At dinner the first night they brought her a cake and sang Happy Birthday to her. I loved the white chocolate Disney boat that sat on top of her cake.
After just one night of cruising, we woke up in Nassau, Bahamas. I really had no desire to spend any time in Nassau, so we got off the boat for about thirty minutes, then headed back to enjoy the boat. The picture below is of LeeLee and I with the boat docked in Nassau.
The boat is just as full of Disney characters as the theme park. The only one we didn't already have was Tianna from Princess and the Frog. She hadn't hit the park yet when we were there in October. LeeLee was happy to see her.
On Tuesday morning we woke up at Castaway Cay. This is still part of the Bahamas. It was so beautiful, and I really wish we could have just stayed there for a week or so. LeeLee had a blast trying to make Cinderella's Castle out of sand. She dared to go down the brand new water slides on the island, and she had a ball chasing after the fish around the island. In true Disney fashion, the island was amazing. They had a kids' club on the island, so LeeLee wanted to go do that too. While she was well taken care of, Paul and I ventured over to the other side of the island and loved see the natural marine life. I should have taken my camera because we were able to walk around with gigantic starfish, sand dollars, and even a barracuda. The picture below is of Paul and LeeLee in Castaway.
I just love how God answers prayers. I had thought about the fact that because there were just three of us, that we would be at a table with strangers for dinner every night. When I thought about it, I quickly prayed that the Lord would take this detail and work it out. I truly gave it to him, because I forgot all about it til we were getting ready for dinner the first night. I told Paul, I had prayed that we would be with someone that I wouldn't be embarrassed for my kids to be around. As we were walking into dinner, we saw several families where the parents had already become a little tipsy, and I again just looked towards heaven and thanked my Lord for what he had already prepared for us. I figured if it wasn't a good situation, then at least I would have someone to witness to. Well, God not only answered my prayer, but he gave us an extra special blessing. We sat with our brother and sisters in Christ from California. We were able to pray together before every meal, talk about the Lord and the things he has done for us, and just fellowship together. I have included pictures below of Julia and LeeLee together. Then one of us as a group. Frank and Sally were such a cute couple! Sally had a sweet spirit, and Frank was extremely personable. They had two daughters, Julia and Emily. LeeLee had fun getting silly with Julia when they played. Then Frank's mom, Merle, had also joined them for the trip. Merle was a real treat to be around. Sally and I were talking one day and she said that she got an exceptional mother in law, and I have to agree. Merle is such a beautiful person inside and out. Every fiber of who she is says she belongs to the Lord. She radiates his love with every breath! Hopefully when we hugged them good-bye Thursday morning, it was more of a "til next time" moment. I sure hope to see them again someday this side of heaven!
Oh, and yes, I highly recommend the Disney Cruise to any family. We hope to go back someday with all the kiddos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
She is adorable!! I can't believe she is five. Seems like just yesterday she was sleeping in your arms during church as she was still on China time. I remember thinking to myself that she is one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen. That thought still lingers as I see how raidiant she is all the time. You adopted a blessing for not just your family, but for all of us!! Love your family and your testimony!
SBC
How fun!!! I was waiting for a post with pictures! Mike will be all about this. I will have to show him later.
I want to be five and be in your family! What about Hope? Is she gonna get a trip? Hope so, just so I can see what she chooses. Love you all!
Trish!
jenna...looks like you guys had a great time...happy birthday lee lee...love the white t-shirt with the pink cross ;)
andrea
"I told Paul, I had prayed that we would be with someone that I wouldn't be embarrassed for my kids to be around."
"Love your neighbor as yourself"
Practice love and tolerance and teach it to those around you and your children. WWJD?
To Anonymous,
I'm glad that you felt that you saw something to correct me on, but let me say that protecting children is my job as a mother. It is also biblical. In proverbs their are numerous verses about this, and throughout the new testament Jesus teaches about protecting children and the innocense that comes with that. I do not think there is anything wrong with me praying for my five year old to be protected from having to spend 4 days of meals with a family where the parents are so drunk that they can't properly care for their own children. Or the family from the pool that thought it was appropriate to drop cuss words every 10 seconds during their conversations. God gave her to me to protect her, not to willingly expose her. As for Love, yes Jesus did teach that, and if you knew me you would know that my heart is for all people. However, Jesus never taught tolerance. He taught us to love others, but to hate their sin. It is our society that teaches tolerance, except of course for when it comes to Christianity. Would you take your own children in the name of love to the middle of a gang infested neighborhood and just hope that nothing happened and they didn't witness anything that could scare their precious little minds? I think not! Just because I am protecting my child from the person doesn't mean I don't love them.
Post a Comment