Friday, April 30, 2010

How neat is this?

So, this girl named Jill commented on my blog under my DTC post. I don't know Jill, but right now I am really liking Jill! I decided to check out her blog and she is adopting a seven year old from China. She and I are following the same time line. Under her first entry she talked about how her husband was looking through Chinese websites to find pictures of their daughter. They described how they did it. I of course decided to try for myself just to see if I could find anything of Hope. To my amazement I found 18 pictures of my girl. This had made my day!!!!!!!!!! I'm sharing some of my favorites. I have explained each picture below the pic. This was on the front page of the daily newspaper. The caption under this picture said, "They are so happy with laugh" She is 4 here.
She is the one in the front with the pink outfit on. She looks as petite as LeeLee was that age. She is 4 here. This was in the newspaper too. This is a donation from the fire department to the orphanage.

This is my favorite. This one is right when she had come back from foster care. A bakery had made a cake and brought it to the children to be on display. Hope is the one wearing all pink in the middle. This also appeared in the newspaper.

Here a group of 170 volunteers came to make dumplings for the children. She is the one on the right. I love the pony tail!! This is featured on the local government page.

This picture is funny to me. She is in the left hand bottom corner. All it captures is her little face, but that is her for sure. This was a ceremony they did for celebrating the end of the olympic and paralympic games. I have lots of pics of this ceremony. So it appears that they bring Hope out for lots of media opportunities. She seems to be one that they grab when important people come to visit. Hmmmm! I wonder what I'm in for. Okay for those of you that want to know what I did to find these, I will explain.
  • go to http://www.baidu.com/ this is China's main search engine.
  • use google translator to translate the page for you (I use the google chrome, so just hit the translate button)
  • go ahead and hit the photos tab above the seach box (this is the tab to the right of MP3)
  • then copy your SWI name in Chinese from your PA and paste it in the search box
  • then scour the pictures for your child
I even found a website for the SWI that is amazing. There were several pictures of Hope on it. I am so glad that I have these. The SWI has had the computer crash that had Hope's early pictures on it, so at least I have been able to find some of her from the last two years.

4 comments:

andrea said...

OMG this is such great news for you guys...to see hope when she was little what an angel...she is so precious...i know these photos are priceless to you guys...

so happy for you,
andrea

Jill said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad that all my ramblings are good for something! I'm so happy that you found all those great pictures! She is adorable. Let's keep each other updated on the wait. :)

strandfam said...

Hi, I saw your post on RQ and I realized maybe our girls are at the same SWI?? Our little girl is at the Baotou SWI in Inner Mongolia. She will be three in July and just returned to the SWI from foster care in Oct. I tried to do some searching but did not have much luck. Do you have the link to the SWI website? If you have a minute could you email me at thestrandfam@gmail.com. We were DTC at the end of March. Thanks, Your daughter is beautiful! I hope you are able to travel soon.

Blessings, Sarah

Lori said...

Precious and priceless! Can't wait to see your very own pictures of her :).