Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Botanical Gardens

Today we got up early so we could eat breakfast and be back in the room before the Auburn game came on. We are able to watch it online. While watching the Auburn game, Hope played around the room and got into Paul's clip on sunglasses. She laughs at herself a lot and was having a good time making us laugh. Paul didn't go with us because the Auburn game was only at the half, and we were losing. So, he stayed behind at the hotel to pull them through. So, I have a lot of cute pictures of Hope, as she was my only subject! Hope is such a beautiful little girl inside and out. She amazes us everyday with how brave she is. She smiles through almost everything, and seems genuinely excited to finally have a family. More things we have learned about Hope.....
  • Hope is happiest when you are happy, and will do anything to make you laugh (think clown in the circus!)
  • She has the most beautiful dimples when she smiles
  • Hope thinks Paul is one big security blanket (she has him wrapped around her little finger!)
  • She goes to the bathroom more than humanly possible! I would think she has a UTI but she always makes it through the night without getting up
  • Hope loves shopping! She will bring me the communication cards I made and point to the shopping one.
  • She has taken very well to the communication cards. She will use them to tell me most everything, and I can point to some and she will do what I am pointing to. They have been a lifesaver.
  • She can scrunch up her nose, and make the funniest little face.
  • Hope loves swimming. She would stay in the pool all day if we let her. She is starting to feel more comfortable in it everyday.
  • She is very girly!! She always wants her nails done and lip gloss on.
  • She loves seeing pictures of her siblings! She also comes running when we skype with them! She is so excited to be part of a family
I am so glad that God chose us to take the leap of faith to be Hope's parents. It was a huge leap for us after reading her file. I can tell you without a doubt that Paul and I both adore this little girl, and can't imagine her not being a part of our lives. God made her perfect, and we know he intended for her to be with us! I don't know and never will know why God made us wait 6 years to meet her, but I do know that his timing is perfect. I can't wait to see what great things God has in store for this precious child.
This is the picture of the day. Here in China the brides rent American style wedding dresses and they have their bridal portraits done in them. It was hot and humid today, and I saw this poor bride sitting down trying to get some relief from the heat. George even snuck into the picture. That silly George!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Holy Moly! Hope has me wrapped around her finger and we haven't even met yet! She is just so beautiful and sweet.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well. Tell Paul that we had 2 extra seats next to us at the game. We thought about you guys! :)

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trk said...

Beautiful subject is right. Hope has such a precious smile. We have loved following you journey.

FYI. We got our LOA for Pan Fei last week. Yeah.

strandfam said...

Hope looks so pretty in these photos!