Monday, September 27, 2010

Jam Packed Day

First I want to start out with a picture from last night. This picture is another one that breaks my heart. Hope had several "chores" in the orphanage, and one of them was to close the curtains at night. She took this job very seriously obviously because she feels like it is her job to close the curtains for us at the hotels. She has been doing this since the night we got her. As soon as we come in from dinner, she goes to both rooms and closes the curtains. We want her to know she doesn't have to do that. There is nothing she has to do to earn her keep with us.First thing this morning, we headed out to have Hope's TB test read. Praise the Lord she passed, and so did the kids in our group. Thank you for your prayers. Then we did some marathon shopping. Our guide had presented us with the opportunity to go to the circus. I love the circus, so selfishly, I accepted the invitation. So after shopping we came back to the hotel and had Hope take a nap so that she could go for a long night. Here is Hope riding in on Paul to the big top. Can't you just see the excitement? Here we are close to the entrance. She is still all smiles. I couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking. During the show, the performers would come up to the walkway and dance. When they would come through they would throw out stuffed animals. Paul managed to catch one, then another time a performer came by and gave Hope this one. She got a lot of attention from the performers as they went by. At one point during the performance horses, elephants, and birds of all kinds came walking right by us. She was so excited. She got to touch an elephant and some of the birds. This truly was the most amazing circus I have ever seen. I know we are so excited that we jumped at the chance to go!! We already know Hope is terrified of fireworks. This circus was full of them, so this is what we saw every time the loud booms erupted. You can also take note that she is sitting with her security blanket instead of me. He protected her well. I guess we will find out tomorrow what she thought about the whole thing when our guide is with us and can translate. I'll let you know. Please continue to pray for us here! The days are starting to drag along, and I am ready to be home. Continue to pray for LeeLee! My friend Suzanne will have her again tonight. Pray for Hunter and Noelle too! Also please pray for my mom. I know she is ready to see her own bed too.

No comments: