
For our last day here in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, we headed out with our friends to the Inner Mongolia Factory where they make all the local crafts. It was neat, but somewhat overwhelming. We bought a few gifts there, and got Hope a traditional mongolian outfit. She tried it on and thought she was a princess. They don't where the traditional Chinese outfits here that we are used too. After we got back Hope was ready to eat. She is so scheduled, that she doesn't want a meal to be more than five minutes late. We headed to the Chinese restaurant in the hotel. She loves it in there because they really cater to her. Paul and I love it too because the food is amazing.

After lunch Hope was ready to go swimming. Here you have to wear a swim cap. She really loves swimming. When we get to Guangzhou and it is warmer, Paul and I will get in with her. She does not have a healthy fear of water. She thinks she can jump in the big pool without her arm rings. She can only handle the pool for about 45 minutes before she starts uncontrollably shivering.

We let her warm up good and dry off before we head out of the pool area. She is all smiles after swimming. Oh, I forgot, she is all smiles all the time.

Here she is in her Mongolian dress and hat. She has had another great day today. She loves shopping and we did that twice. She picked out a pair of tacky, glittery, Barbie shoes and of course we bought them for her. She loves them and has showed them to the entire hotel staff. She ate dinner in the room tonight, and while she was eating the fireworks started again. She immediately quit eating and asked to put her pajamas on. Once they were on she wanted to curl up in our bed and asked Paul to lay beside her for protection. So she fell asleep an hour early just so she wouldn't have to endure the scary fireworks. Of course they are still going off and I expect that they will for about 4-5 more hours.
Tomorrow we head to Guangzhou. We will complete the US side of this adoption when we get there. Please pray for safe travels for us! Also, please pray for Hope and her fears. This will be her first time in an airplane, and she is a little nervous and excited all at once. Please pray for my little LeeLee....she is breaking me heart when I talk to her because she wants me home now.
3 comments:
I have thoroughly enjoyed following your journey. My dearest friends will be traveling to IM, probably in November to bring their precious daughter home. You have a beautiful family. I love the photo of Hope in the traditional outfit. Such a pretty girl. Wishing y'all a safe trip back home.
Beautiful pics! I am so glad everything is going so well. What an answer to prayer. Will be praying for your requests.
Hope is so stinking cute. I can't wait to meet her. And I am praying for LeeLee. Sweet girl. I know it's hard for both of you.
Post a Comment