Sunday, September 19, 2010

WE GOT HER!!!!

We woke up early again in anticipation of meeting Hope. We were told to be in the lobby at 11. If you make the 13 hour time change, you will realize that 11 am here is when Auburn was in overtime with Clemson. I was so proud of Paul when he chose going to meet his daughter over finishing the game. When we reached the lobby our guide informed us that traffic was bad and they wouldn't be here until noon. So Paul took off running to the computer to finish watching the game. We then headed to the lobby and watched the doors for our girl. We (Paul, Andrea, Kent, Natalie, Connie, and I) about all melted when we saw this precious thing walk through the door.
Once she saw us, she let go of her nanny's hand and ran to jump into Paul's arms! I knew this little girl would wrap him around her finger in no time!
We then gave her a backpack filled with goodies and did some paperwork to be able to keep her for 24 hours before we legally adopt her. We were so excited when we were handed a huge packet of stuff prepared for her by her preschool. She has been in a preschool run by Half the Sky and it is amazing what they did for her. She also came with a box of her preschool artwork.
So far things have gone amazingly well. We only had one meltdown and that was because she was ready to eat and we didn't understand. She is such a happy girl. She loves to smile and cuddle. She is adventurous, and playful. She can pack some food in too! We couldn't be more thrilled with her and thankful to God for the opportunity to be her parents.
We also learned that she becomes a little crazy if she gets candy. I had put some in her backpack in case she had a meltdown at our initial meeting and I had forgotten about it. She found it once we were back in the room and ate a blue airhead, she LOVED it. About 20 minutes later she was so laughing at herself and everything around her. I was also beginning to wonder if I was adopting a little girl or a smurf.
Once we got in from dinner it was time for her to meet her brother and sisters online. They all thought she was adorable and she was excited about meeting them. She talked to them some and showed them all her toys through Skype. Then it was bath time. I was so proud that George volunteered to show Hope how to take a bath.
We shut of the water and went to get George a towel when he climbed up the wall and decided to air dry on the clothes line. I'm starting to think I need to keep a better eye on that silly bear.
Once Hope got all bathed and dressed for bed, she was ready to go to sleep. I'll leave you with this one last image of our precious new girl for the day.
We feel so blessed to know that people are praying for us. So far some amazing prayers are being answered! Please continue to pray for us that she will continue to fit in so well. Pray that we can communicate and understand each other so that we can meet her needs. Pray for Noelle, Hunter, and LeeLee. Pray for my mom. Pray that our adoption goes well tomorrow. We are looking forward to calling Hope and being her forever family.

12 comments:

Lori said...

Just thought I'd check one more time before we left for church and YAY! I am so glad you guys have her! She is just precious! Congratulations!!!!

Mary said...

YIPPPEEE!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! Hope is GORGEOUS!

Mary (OneBlessedFamily on RQ)

Ashley said...

Oh Jenna!! She is beautiful!!! I cannot wait to meet her! Still praying for you guys. My heart is full seeing His hand in all of this.

Tracey said...

Congratulations...what a beauty she is and so happy!! Can't wait to follow the rest of your exciting journey. We will be there in 30 days ourselves...hard to believe.

Rebekah said...

Congratulations!!! Hope is so beautiful! I love that they let her hair grow out! It sounds as if many prayers were answered yesterday!
Blessings to your family!

Dana said...

I'm so happy for ya'll. Hope is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her! God even worked it out for Paul to see the game! War Eagle!
I will continue praying for ya'll.

Dana

Sarah Brewer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Hope is absolutely precious! I love her smile! Can't wait to meet her and look forward to y'all being home!

Beth said...

Praise God! She is precious and I know your hearts are bursting with love for that sweet little girl. I can't wait to meet her. Praying for you guys today and the next days to come.

Connie J said...

I hopped on over here from Lori's blog (thank you Lori for sharing!!!)! Congratulations on receiving your beautiful daughter. Are you using Lifeline???? We are a 4-time LL family, waiting for our daughter. Once in GZ you will LOVE Rebecca :) :) I'm excited to follow your journey. Many blessings~
Connie in OK

The Bolton's said...

congratulations! We cannot wait to meet Hope. Maybe it will stay warm enough for us to have a first and last swim of the year!!

groovy mama said...

What a SWEETIE you have...Congrats and i hope things are still going smooth!
hugs
donna