Saturday, October 02, 2010

Home....Safe and Sound

After twenty-one hours of travel time, our family was finally united at the Atlanta airport. What a wonderful sight to see my kids waiting for us. I missed them so much! Mr. Toby drove my Suburban to the airport, and my mom drove my kids in her car. Once we arrived in Atlanta, we all headed to Chick-fil-a to eat. How exciting it was to all be at one table. We decided the international language was laughter, because there was a lot of that. My two big kids took to Hope the best. LeeLee is being a bit more reserved, trying to figure out exactly how Hope is going to affect our relationship. LeeLee has nothing to worry about, she will still get special time with just mommy. I can't imagine not having my precious LeeLee time. This is Shiloh, or as Hope knows her, Hong Mei. They were waiting at the airport too. Shiloh is from Hope's orphanage, and Hope knew her well. Hope knows all the babies. She loves the younger kids, and was so happy to see Hong Mei. I think it was good for her to see that when kids leave the orphanage, that they are still doing well months later. I am thankful to Kim and her family for making the effort to be at the airport to see Emma (the Sisler's daughter) and Hope home.
Last night went really well. We all made it to bed around 11 o'clock. That would be after she decided she hated dogs. (We will have to work on that one!) I slept up in the room with the girls thinking that she might wake up confused and out of sorts because of the 13 hour time change. However, everyone slept until 6 a.m. Now everyone is up playing and getting to know each other.
Please rejoice with us that our family is together and well! Rejoice that Hope seems to love our home and her new family. Please pray with us that this transition continues to go well. Also, pray that Hope overcomes her fear of the dogs.

10 comments:

Stacy and Jason said...

All of the children look amazingly happy! We are happy you made it home safely and that everyone is already bonding...and PLAYING! YAY! Go Gators! ;)

Lori said...

YAY!!! I am so happy you guys are safe and sound and doing so good. Enjoy!!! What a whirlwind!

strandfam said...

Love the photos of our of your little ones together! What a gift! Praying for your family as you settle in. Thanks for sharing your journey!
Blessings
Sarah

Sarah Brewer said...

praise the Lord! So happy for all of you!

Tracey said...

Welcome home! What a joy to follow your blog and see the happy family united! Much happiness ahead...thanks for sharing your journey with us anxiously awaiting.

Anonymous said...

Jenna, thank you for sharing this journey with us! You are truly one of the most amazing and selfless people that I have known. Watching you inspires me to be better, to live wiser, and to listen to the call of my heavenly father more closely. It doesn't surprise me that God gave you a daughter that is taking life in stride just as you do. I can only imagine the blessings she has in store for her just because she is part of your family. I can not wait to meet this precious little thing and welcome her home.

With lots of love,
Karen

Christy and Kevin said...

So glad to see you made it home safe! Hope looks so happy and what a nice surprise that Shiloh came to greet her friend! love following along on your blog!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear how well things are going. I hope this week has been just as good.

Kat Spain said...

I'm so glad you have her home! You have beautiful children! You are my role model in every way! I miss you and love you oh so much!

Monica said...

Let me say, Hope is adorable. It's funny how you just know when a child is -your- child, and whatever issues they may have...well, you'll deal with them. That's how it was with Reese for us, she was diagnosed Sturge-Weber Syndrome, which can cause mental delays and seizures. We had no CAT scan or anything, just a diagnosis. Turns out she has the version of SWS that doesn't involve the brain, but it was a leap of faith. And she is definitely ours!

Monica
big sis to Reese