Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Simplistic Beauty

So, I get out the camera so that I can take pictures of Hope's legs. I have gotten lots of emails from friends and fellow potential adoptive parents asking about Hope's leg situation. I thought instead of just trying to answer all the emails that I could just post some pictures and explain here. But in typical Hope fashion she wanted to model first before I took pictures of just her legs. Honestly she takes my breath away! She has the most simplistic beauty, and the most radiant smile. So after a few "modeling shots" I was able to capture some leg shots. In the picture below you can see that the leg on the left (her right leg), is smaller than the leg on the right (her left leg). The bone on the leg on the left also bows out more, because the bone now has a curve in it to try and compensate for the difference in leg lengths. This all starts at the hip. Her knee cap on her right leg is below the one on her left leg. I included the picture below to show you what the difference in leg lengths are now. You can see that her right leg sticks out further than the left. It would stick out even further if the bone on the right leg was straight. We start physical therapy today, so we shall see what the recommendations are.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Jenna...she is beautiful! And you dress her so cute too!