"Momma, Momma, Big Bird, Big Bird, Really Big Bird!" Well with those words, I was hoping that maybe my neighbors had gotten overly festive and someone was dressed as Big Bird. You know, the big yellow bird from Sesame Street. So out of curiosity, I followed my little people out of the house.

Imagine my disappointment when I didn't see Big Bird. Now imagine my fear when I saw THE BIG BIRD perched on my neighbors roof, staring at my yard. It didn't take long to see what the big bird had his eye on.

Poor little Lulu! At seven pounds, she could easily be carried off by that BIG BIRD. We decided the bird was declaring war, so it was Hunter to the rescue.

He managed to make enough noise that the bird decided to fly off. We have lots of big birds like this around here. Our raptor rehab program has been releasing lots of birds lately, and I guess after a few days they are looking for an easy meal.

No worries today, Lulu is safe and sound. I think I'll make sure I stand outside with her from now on, just in case the BIG BIRD returns. Big Bird from Sesame Street would have been much more comforting to my soul!
3 comments:
our cat was picked up by a red tail hawk...kent saw the hawk pick up holly he yelled and the hawk let her go...she hurt her hip but atleast she wasn't the hawks lunch that day...YIKES...we had a nest with 2 babies last summer...can you believe how BIG they are...OMG they are HUGE.
andrea
I have also heard and have seen owls at night so I take my 5 pound yorkie out at night stand kinda over her and move my arms. Poor thing cant even go potty in peace. And we have those hawks everywhere cause we have lots of trees with squirrels. Well less of them since the hawks have been coming around. They are beautiful birds though just trying to live but keep your talons off my dog! I will not be getting another little dog.:)
Hi,
If you get a chance, could you email me? I have a few questions about blogging while in China!
In Christ,
Rebekah
Rebekah@mudministries.com
Post a Comment